- Please arrive prepared to dance no later (and no sooner) than 10-15 minutes prior to classes. Do NOT leave children unattended in the parking lot and Academy lobby.
- All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun. Please allow for appropriate restroom use prior to class. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. Please do not leave the waiting room when very young children are in class (Pre-ballet & Ballet 1) without informing the office or having another parent responsible during your absence. We make every effort to have all children feel safe and cared for in a loving and inspiring learning environment.
- Students arriving 15 and more minutes late may be asked to watch class, as participating without being warmed up can result in injury.
- If a student is going to be absent from class due to unforeseen circumstances, call the Academy and leave a message before class time. If students know in advance that they will be absent from class, please let the Academy Director know before the day of the class. There are NO refunds or credits for missed or canceled classes.
- Please be advised that the study of dance involves physical contact. Instructors will often need to make hands-on contact to adjust students’ alignment and to demonstrate proper motion.
- Students with the desire to take class, perform, and/or compete with other ballet schools or companies must speak to the Academy Director and receive permission to do so in advance.
- Advanced students may be asked to help with the lower level classes. Assistants will not be teaching the classes, but will be following the teacher’s instructions, thereby helping with the dance education of the assistants as well as enabling the younger students to receive more attention.
- Class placement is up to the discretion of the director and is non-negotiable.
- Students and parents are expected to follow all rules and directions, both verbal and written and display a positive and supportive attitude regarding all aspects of our Academy and our students. Students or other family members unable to follow this rule will be asked to leave permanently with no tuition refund.
- No talking in class. No hanging on the barres at any time. Mirrors should not be touched at any time. Disciplinary actions are time consuming and detract from the progress of everyone in the Academy. It is requested that parents assist the studio in resolving matters of discipline with their child.
- Parents are allowed to observe in the observation area. Please do not attempt to sign, talk or distract the students during class. Maintaining the students focus and discipline will benefit their technique, training and performance.
- No gum is allowed in the studio at any time. No food or beverages (except water) allowed in the dance area. Students are expected to keep the bathroom, dressing room, waiting area, and dance room neat and clean. Dancers and visitors are expected to pick up after themselves.
- Art Ballet Academy is not responsible for lost or stolen property while on the premises.
- Academy policies and rules may change with or without notice at the discretion of the Academy Director.
- Parents and students should regularly check the bulletin boards in the entryway for news and information.
- If Arlington schools are closed due to inclement weather, the Academy can also be closed. The Academy will not necessarily close for snow day regardless if area schools are closed – since many times roads are clear and safe by 2:00pm. Please check your emails, Academy website and Facebook page two hours before your scheduled class time for cancellation information. No refunds are given for class cancellations due to weather. If classes are not canceled, but threatening weather conditions in your area make it unsafe for you to drive to ABA, please use your discretion and stay home.
Video, Audio and Photo Recording
No video, audio, photo or any other recordings are allowed in the studios without written permission from the Academy Director.